Afficher un message
Vieux 14/04/2007, 20h01   #8 (permalink)
Hayate
Caisse à outils
Ancienneté  75%
Ancienneté 75%

Genre : Homme
Pays :
Téléchargements: 4
Uploads: 0
Merci: 29
Remercié 14 fois dans 13 Posts
Par défaut

Heureux de vous l'apprendre, je vous dis que cette mort du créateur n'était un fake fait de toutes pièces par le créateur lui même justement !

"Dampé’s not dead: Ocarina of Time 2D creator fakes his death

“Yesterday, around 4:00pm, I received a phone call telling me that Richard (Dampe) has been in a fatal car accident…”

What a tragic accident. A 15-year-old Melbourne boy is struck and killed by a car that lost control on a wet road. Richard Denton, developer of Ocarina of Time 2D, is dead, and with him a highly anticipated game is no more.

Except I don’t believe that for a second. In fact, I think it’s bullshit. Here’s why.

Richard is supposed to have died on the 23rd of March. The announcement was here, but those forums have since been closed down, with not so much as a memorial message remaining. A final post from the forum is preserved on Digg.com:

Unfortunatley, On March 21st, We lost our great man, Richard (Dampe)
The official police record has read that Richard was hit by a car that had swurved on the wet road, the car WAS NOT speeding. Richard was knocked unconcious and shortly after passed away.

So, did Richard die on Wednesday the 21st, or on Friday the 23rd? News sites invariably quoted the 23rd, which was on the original message. Why was the first announcement off by two days?

Well, we could turn to local newspapers for some clarification. Diligent googling has so far failed to reveal any relevant articles. Never mind, not every single death gets reported. What about death notices? A search of news.com.au and Fairfax classified notices reports no deaths by the name of ‘Denton’. Well, if Richard isn’t going to get himself into the papers, we’ll just have to go to the government.

Victoria’s Transport Accident Commission has an excellent road toll statistics tool, searchable by date, location, victim and injury type. Let’s see what happens when we plug in a search for “pedestrian fatalities, 21-23 March”. Results: One fatality, an 18-20 y/o female killed on the 22nd between 2am and 4am. That… doesn’t sound much like Richard at all."
Hayate est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation